PUBLISHED MARCH 2022
Squirro is looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup.
Our team is building the platform Squirro, an Unstructured Data Discovery and Analysis platform. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with a very easy-to-use interface so that you can easily and quickly unearth gold in your landfills of digital data.
Your key Responsibilities
- Bring machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to our core Squirro platform.
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with experiments and later productize solutions.
- Develop new IP to further expand Squirro’s USPs.
- Work hands-on with our team of backend engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams.
- Provide consulting for customer-specific applications of Squirro with respect to solutions based on machine learning when needed.
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning, or related field preferred
- Good communication skills with fluency in English Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene)
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states or work permit in the UK
We offer you
- Become part of a team of smart, open-minded people with individual qualities. Together we work on making technologies such as machine-learning applicable to everyday business problems.
- You’ll meet a rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles. And you’ll face a steep learning curve & daily data science, technological and business challenges.
- Squirro provides a start-up environment and culture; fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making. It’s an honest and open environment where team members at all levels can make a difference and have a say.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
Businesses capitalize on new opportunities, improve client relations, and optimize decision-making capabilities using Squirro’s vertical-specific Augmented Intelligence solutions, which combine human intelligence with powerful AI. An Insight Engine at its core,
Squirro delivers contextualized insights from your most relevant data sources and displays them directly, via workbench integrations, or through self-service applications.
Squirro works with global organizations, primarily in the Financial Services, Insurance, Telecommunications, and Manufacturing industries. Customers include Bank of England, Standard Chartered, ING, Brookson, Candriam, and Ninety-One.
Founded in 2012, Squirro is currently present in Zürich, London, Munich, New York, and Singapore. Further information about AI-driven business insights can be found at https://squirro.com/
Get in Touch
Note to Agencies - Normally we do not proceed with applications from recruitment agencies. All unsolicited résumés from agencies will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be paid.