PUBLISHED OCTOBER 2021
Squirro is looking for individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup.
Our team is building the platform Squirro, an Unstructured Data Discovery and Analysis platform. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with a very easy-to-use interface so that you can easily and quickly unearth gold in your landfills of digital data.
Your key Responsibilities
- Bring machine learning, collaborative filtering, NLP, and deep learning methods to our core Squirro platform.
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with experiments and later productize solutions.
- Develop new IP to further expand Squirro’s USPs.
- Work hands-on with our team of backend engineering team while collaborating closely with our customer success and product teams.
- Provide consulting for customer-specific applications of Squirro with respect to solutions based on machine learning when needed.
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
- You preferably have experience with data processing and storage frameworks like Hadoop, Scalding, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka, etc.
- You preferably have machine learning publications or work on open source to share with us
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in Machine Learning, or related field preferred
- Good communication skills with fluency in English Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene)
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states or work permit in the UK
About the team
Our headquarter is located in Zurich, Switzerland. Get in Touch
Email: email@example.com Phone: +41 44 586 98 98
Squirro SWITZERLAND – Headquarters Mühlebachstrasse 70 CH-8008 Zürich