PUBLISHED OCTOBER 2021
Squirro is looking for a Solution Engineer to join our team in Zurich to work on implementing Squirro’s AI applications with state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and natural-language processing tools using real-world client data.
Squirro is an Artificial Intelligence company with a leading Insights Engine software platform that is a central component of the digital transformation strategy of renowned organizations such as for example Helvetia or Swiss Re. Our objective is to help our customers understand their data and extract relevant insights to generate business value.
At Squirro, we bridge the gap between business and data science and make AI tangible: With our Insights Engine, data scientists can easily deploy their existing ML models or build new ones, run their models on live business data and build versatile dashboards which are easily rolled out to production. Our Insights Engine is not a black box, but we control the algorithms and technologies that we use to deliver the right information at the right time.
We are looking for someone who wants to use his affinity to technology in a business context where AI solutions bring massive business value. In this role, you will work for instance with corporate bankers that are sourcing the next big M&A opportunity as well as business stakeholders who translate business requirements into technological products. We need someone who brings the enthusiasm and interest to grow into this role.
- You will work with a team of experienced solution engineers who embrace the daily challenge of finding innovative solutions for real-world data problems.
- You will implement innovative digital transformation projects, primarily in the insurance and banking industries, and work with Fortune 50 companies and globally recognized institutions.
- In this job, you will gain the capability for end-to-end project delivery, including the setup and deployment of our IT solution, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualization, and integration.
- Work on client projects which comprises:
- Collaborate with business team members on customer use cases to determine technical requirements to deliver business outcomes.
- Work directly with customers on a strategic and operational level throughout the stages of solution design, implementation, and support.
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Adopt and customize ML and NLP algorithms used for insights generation and beyond.
- Documentation of projects and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and proactively manage risk and dependencies.
- You are a smart, open-minded and curious person:
- You are willing to learn and be challenged on a daily basis.
- You are keen to broaden your horizons regarding programming as well as in terms of learning about a new field of business (e.g. finance or insurance)
- You can deal with challenges and are able to find the best technical solution.
- You can identify the root cause of a problem and name it.
- You are persistent and keep on working on a code since you appreciate the satisfaction of a code running without bugs after hours of development and improvements.
- ML & NLP? Yes, in general, you know what is behind it and how you can use it to solve your data science use case.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Natural Sciences or IT-related, technical field.
- Experience in programming with Python
- High-affinity to technology, programming & data science
- Interest in finance & motivation to learn about finance in the job
- Experience in a technical role will be required (academic experience counts as well.)
- Strong programming experience in Python, ideally with application development.
- Experience (2-5 years) in technical consulting, software engineering, DevOps engineering roles or any other job with the required technical exposure.
- You have an understanding of what end-to-end project delivery means; including the setup and deployment of IT solutions, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualization, and integration.
- Ideally, you are experienced in 1 or more of the following: Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning, unstructured data on a previous project or role, time series analysis and anomaly detection algorithms.
- You have the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to various audience levels, and support sales personnel at customer sites with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Data storage: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis.
- Web components: Nginx, Flask.
- Front-end components: react.js, Backbone.js, Underscore.js, d3.js, ...
- Other: Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Git (Basically, any tool that is used in software development)
We offer you
- To be part of a team of smart, open-minded people with individual qualities. We work together on making new technologies such as machine-learning tangible as part of our Insights Engine.
- To become part of the Squirro Zurich team with passionate co-workers and healthy social team culture. Yes, we love after-work drinks and food!
- A steep learning curve & daily data science, technological and business challenges
- A rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles
- Interesting data science projects in the financial industry: We are delivering the AI solutions that are key to digital transformation.
- A start-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An honest and open environment where team members at all levels can make a difference and have a say.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
You want to know more about the team you will work with?
Get in Touch