PUBLISHED OCTOBER 2021
Squirro is looking for highly motivated individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup. Our team is building the platform which powers Squirro, an Insights Engine which makes unstructured Big Data easily accessible, searchable, and understandable. We combine our unique Smart Filter technology with search techniques and machine learning with a very easy-to-use interface so that you can easily and quickly unearth gold in your landfills of digital data.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate has been developing professionally for a few years. She or he has experience solving real-world search and search relevance challenges in large scale search systems, has a strong track record of building machine learning models and deploying them in low latency, high scale production environments.
Your key responsibilities
- Design, develop, and support search and search relevance features on a diverse corpus of data including structured and unstructured data.
- Write clean, robust, and reliable code that scales and performs.
- Participate in product and feature reviews and design improvements.
- Use your experience and imagination to shape the direction of the product.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Hands-on experience in positions focussed on Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing.
- Experience with Cloud Deployments and Configuration Management.
- Experience with Python programming.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms and time series analysis and anomaly detection algorithms.
- 3+ years of software development experience including experience with information retrieval technologies and frameworks (Elasticsearch, Lucene).
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science from a technical university (ETHZ, EPFL) or college of equal standing.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English.
Squirro is a Swiss startup with an international flavour. Our team of passionate technology geeks and entrepreneurs mix local “Swissness” with American, German, French, Russian, Indian, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish and British into an all-round startup team.