PUBLISHED November 2021
Senior Software Engineer Search/NLP
Squirro is looking for highly motivated individuals with exceptional software engineering skills to be part of a fast-moving startup.
Our team is building the platform which powers Squirro, an Insights Engine which turns unstructured data into actionable insights.
We combine our heritage in search with machine learning to extract meaningful patterns in data.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate is a professional software engineer who has experience in solving real-world search challenges by applying state of the art NLP/NLU techniques.
Your key responsibilities
With us, you can:
- Design, develop, and drive key components of our insights-engine platform
- Understand the needs of our customers and use your experience and imagination to shape the direction of the product
- Promote best engineering practices and ensure high software quality
- Participate in product and feature reviews and design improvements
Skills that will help you excel in this role
- You have 4+ years of experience in software engineering
- You have experience and deep interest in Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- You are proficient in programming in Python and working with Elasticsearch
- You have a strong sense for teamwork and knowledge sharing
- You are energetic, self-motivated and have a strong drive to deliver
- You are comfortable in deploying your code into production frequently and back your work with automated unit, functional and integration testing.
We offer you
Become part of a multi-cultural & international team of smart, open-minded people with individual qualities. Together we work on making technologies such as machine-learning applicable to everyday business problems.
You’ll meet a rapidly growing company, with plentiful opportunities to grow into leadership roles. And you’ll face a steep learning curve & daily data science, Software Engineering, Organisational challenges and Business challenges.
Squirro provides a start-up environment and culture; fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making. It’s an honest and open environment where team members at all levels can make a difference and have a say.
We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
Businesses capitalize on new opportunities, improve client relations, and optimize decision-making capabilities using Squirro’s vertical-specific Augmented Intelligence solutions, which combine human intelligence with powerful AI. An Insight Engine at its core,
Squirro delivers contextualized insights from your most relevant data sources and displays them directly, via workbench integrations, or through self-service applications.
Squirro works with global organizations, primarily in the Financial Services, Insurance, Telecommunications, and Manufacturing industries. Customers include Bank of England, Standard Chartered, ING, Brookson, Candriam, and Ninety-One.
Founded in 2012, Squirro is currently present in Zürich, London, Munich, New York, and Singapore. Further information about AI-driven business insights can be found at https://squirro.com/
Get in Touch
Note to Agencies - Normally we do not proceed with applications from recruitment agencies. All unsolicited résumés from agencies will be considered direct applicants and no referral fee will be paid.