Squirro is a Swiss startup, based in Zurich and with offices in London, New York, Munich, and Singapore. The core suite of Squirro solutions offers customer insights, sales insights and various other solutions for banking and finance industries. Squirro is focused on building the future of data science and augmented intelligence technologies to give organizations a competitive advantage by building a culture of data powered decision making. It uses the Insights Platform & AI Studio to gather all data points, automate search, analyze user behavior and generate actionable insights tailor-made for each Knowledge Worker, while defining simplicity and standardization standards to build AI projects.
Squirro has gained an impressive foothold in the industry in a very short time, which has been possible due to a unique team with great talent. We are looking for creative minds who will work in a fast-moving transparent workplace environment and will provide creative vision for the products, be responsible for design organization and be accountable for the team’s output.
- As the Lead Designer, you are responsible for overseeing the user experience on three levels: Squirro Insight Engine Platform, Squirro Products and Customer Projects.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and customers to understand the business requirements and user needs.
- Organize different design exercises like user personas, user journey mapping, usability test, etc. to orchestrate design decisions.
- Work closely with the product team and the engineering team to develop the design successfully.
- Ensure styling and branding consistency across all designs produced by the team.
- Maintain and extend processes, practices and methodological toolkit for different functions within the team.
- Define how the communication within the team is handled, how work is scheduled and how team members are empowered to participate in decision making.
- Bring in the best design tools and other infrastructural support needed by the team.
- Team management, task delegation and inter-disciplinary communication.
- Articulate the design decisions to various stakeholders and collaborators.
- Your problem-solving ability and creativity helps the design team to keep up the design standards and develop cohesive user experience in all applications built using the Squirro Insight Engine.
- Bring a good balance between lateral and logical thinking into the designs.
- Talk the design language and justify your designs with logical reasoning. You are open for constructive criticism and do not hesitate to share an opinion different from your colleagues.
- Take ownership of your tasks and drive the design stories.
- Able to multi-task and produce quality work in a timely fashion.
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes, spec sheets to communicate your ideas.
- Conduct usability tests and use the outcomes to influence the product direction.
- Follow and periodically update the Squirro style guide to deliver consistent design, bring in best practices and industry standards into the product.
- Dutifully document designs, processes and user feedback.
- Minimum 8 years work experience in UX/UI design field
- Have successfully defined organizational aspects of design team
- Successfully delivered customer projects
- Experience conducting user research and design workshops
- Successful execution of UX workflows and design processes
- Knowledge of different design languages and UI libraries.
- Experience in creating sketches, wireframes, prototypes, etc. on Figma
- Experience in designing for different devices, screen resolutions, responsiveness and integration environments to produce high quality visual designs
- Thorough knowledge of Google Material Design
- Good communication skills with fluency in English
- Willingness to travel to the customer site
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is a given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states