Published February 2022
Squirro is a Swiss startup, based in Zurich and with offices in London, New York, Munich, and Singapore. The core suite of Squirro solutions offers customer insights, sales insights and various other solutions for the banking and finance industries. Squirro is focused on building the future of data science and augmented intelligence technologies to give organizations a competitive advantage by building a culture of data-powered decision making. It uses the Insights Platform & AI Studio to gather all data points, automate search, analyze user behaviour and generate actionable insights tailor-made for each Knowledge Worker while defining simplicity and standardization standards to build AI projects.
Squirro has gained an impressive foothold in the industry in a very short time, which has been possible due to a unique team with great talent. We are looking for creative minds who will work in a fast-moving transparent workplace environment and will contribute to our growth by applying their design and creativity skills.
- As a UX / UI designer, you are responsible for working on the design tasks related to Insights Platform features, Squirro Products and Customer Projects
- Follow the design processes setup by the team.
- Work in unison with the team and share responsibilities towards realising project goals.
- Support in conducting different design exercises like user personas, user journey mapping, usability test, etc. to orchestrate design decisions.
- Follow Squirro styleguide across all designs tasks to deliver consistency in designs.
- Create design concepts, UI wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Work closely with the engineering team to implement the design successfully.
- Provide design consultation on customer projects and assist delivery team with planning and executing design workshops.
- Dutiful documentation of all designs produced and the thought process.
- Produce quality work in a timely fashion and communicate your ideas effectively.
- Make an impact on the user experience using your design skills and creativity.
- Research and requirement gathering.
- Articulate the design decisions to various stakeholders and collaborators.
- Your problem-solving ability and creativity helps the design team to keep up the design standards and develop cohesive user experience in all applications built using the Squirro Insight Engine.
- Bring a good balance between lateral and logical thinking into the designs.
- Talk the design language and justify your designs with logical reasoning. You are open for constructive criticism and do not hesitate to share an opinion different from your colleagues.
- Take ownership of your tasks and drive the design stories.
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes, spec sheets to communicate your ideas.
- Conduct usability tests and use the outcomes to influence the product direction.
- Follow and periodically update the Squirro style guide to deliver consistent design, bring in best practices and industry standards into the product.
- Dutifully document designs, processes and user feedback.
- Team player.
- Min. 4 years work experience in UX/UI design field.
- Have experience working closely with other designers and engineers.
- Experience conducting user research and design workshops.
- Experience interacting and working together with the customers and end-user.
- Good problem-solving and logical reasoning skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Google Material Design.
- Experience in creating sketches, wireframes, prototypes.
- You are a Figma Pro.
- Experience in designing for different devices, screen resolutions, responsiveness and integration environments to produce high quality visual designs.
- Good communication skills with fluency in English.
- Work permit in Switzerland, which is given for citizens of EU and EFTA member states.