We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to join a fast-growing software company in Zurich.
We look forward to welcoming you to the team if you: have already had at least 2 years professional experience as a technical writer in/for an organisation and you like being part of a team that strives to create a unified and structured approach to all technical and corresponding technical, educational documentation.
Technical writers play a key role in the development and documentation of the products at Squirro. They are a key link between engineers, solutions engineers, developers and the training and education department, as well as all of our external users, partners, clients and trainees. Tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Squirro ecosystem is a key component of this particular role.
Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating queries and answering technical questions on the Squirro Forum.
You will be responsible for developing technical documentation for internal and external audiences and be part of educational projects that require the inclusion of technical documentation, How to Guides, Written Tutorials and Sample Code.
The technical writing position is integrated into the product team and reports to the head of training and education. Your technical background will enable you to work effectively with software development engineers, product managers, and technical content creators. In addition, you'll utilize excellent communication, and a demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality and structured technical publications.
- Design, organize, and write technical content for internal and external technical audiences
- Manage complex documentation projects and prioritize requests while working with other teams
- Demonstrate excellent technical writing and leadership through content reviews, including proofreading, editing, mentoring, and providing constructive feedback.
- Help others improve their technical writing skills through writing consultations
- Organize existing documentation, identify documentation gaps, and lead new documentation projects with the product and training and education team
- Define documentation requirements with diverse teams, and work with engineers to create and update documentation sets. Edit, clarify, and enhance documents written by engineers and others.
- Collaborate with the head of training and education to create educational technical documentation
- Collaborate with the academic technical content creator to create a process that tracks the accuracy and review procedure of all technical documentation
- Introduce and lead the successful implementation and adoption of technical document writing tools
- Native Level, C2 or IELTS Level 9 English is a must, especially in writing
- At least 2 years experience as a technical writer
- Python, HTML and CSS knowledge
- Familiarity with web technologies, web-based content management and writing tools
- Impeccable written communication skills, editorial abilities, and strong attention to detail
- Strong organisation and project management skills
- Strong desire to consistently create and deliver high quality and accessible documentation
- A quick learner
- Squirro is a Swiss company, based in Zurich and with offices in London, New York, Munich, and Singapore.
- Squirro works with global data-driven organizations, predominately with the world’s leading banks, chemistry-, biology-, insurance-, and law-enforcement organizations and other big and mid-size commercial businesses.
- Squirro takes advantage of its ability to source leads, recommend the next best action in an automated way, derive customer-related and other insights from various data sources.
Get in Touch
Phone: +41 44 586 98 98