Squirro is looking for a Solutions Engineer, specializing in Backend development, with relevant work experience working with Python to join our fast-moving scale-up team in our New York office.
You'll be helping to deploy, customize and support the Squirro platform on Unix systems. Squirro’s Insight Engine platform uses state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and natural-language processing tools to analyze unstructured data. We offer a flexible work environment. This position, within the global delivery team, will implement Squirro’s Search and Insights applications, which also integrate Large Language Models (e.g. chatGPT), using real-world client data.
Squirro is an Artificial Intelligence company with a leading Insights Engine software platform that is a central component of the digital transformation strategy of renowned organizations such as The Library of Congress, Henkel, OCBC and Bank of England. Our objective is to help our customers understand their data and extract relevant insights to generate business value.
At Squirro, we bridge the gap between business and data science and make AI tangible: With our Insights Engine, data scientists can easily deploy their existing ML models or build new ones, run their models on live business data and build versatile dashboards which are easily rolled out to production. Our Insights Engine is not a black box, but we control the algorithms and technologies that we use to deliver the right information at the right time.
We are looking for someone who wants to use her/his affinity to technology in a business context where AI solutions bring massive business value. In this role you will work for instance with corporate bankers that are sourcing the next big M&A opportunity as well as business stakeholders who translate business requirements into technological products. We need someone who brings the enthusiasm and interest to grow into this role.
- You will work with a team of experienced solution engineers who embrace the daily challenge of finding innovative solutions for real-world data problems.
- Work directly with customers on a strategic and operational level throughout the stages of solution design, implementation, and support.
- Implement innovative digital transformation projects, primarily in the insurance and banking industries.
- Collaborate with business team members on customer use cases to determine technical requirements to deliver business outcomes.
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Extending the application with custom backend components in Python and Bash.
- Deploying solutions on hybrid infrastructure, using infrastructure code tools such as Ansible.
- Adopt and customize our Frontend BI dashboards used for insights generation.
- Documentation of projects and knowledge sharing.
- Provide technical advice and support to our customers and engage with technical contacts in customer and partner organizations.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and proactively manage risk and dependencies.
- You are a smart, open-minded and curious person.
- You can deal with challenges and are able to find the best technical solution.
- You can identify the root cause of a problem and name it.
- Strong programming experience in Python.
- Experience with using Linux
- Proven track record in software systems design and implementation.
- Good communication skills
- 2+ years in technical consulting, software engineering, or DevOps engineering roles.
- 2+ years in a client-facing role as a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users.
- Experience in writing server-side web application logic and implementing REST APIs.
- Experience testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third- party web services.
- Experience in Redis and/or Postgres/MySQL/MariaDB database management.
- Experience performing system administration tasks on Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience working with application development using microservices architecture.
- End-to-end project delivery, including the setup and deployment of IT solutions for clients, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualization, and integration.
- Existing knowledge in any of the following is not required but helpful:
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch).
- Unstructured data on a previous project or role.
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to various audience levels.
- Support sales personnel at customer sites with attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Data storage: Elasticsearch, Postgres/MySQL/MariaDB, Redis
- Web components: Flask, FastAPI, NGINX
- Frontend components: React
- Other: Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Git
We offer you
- A scale-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An environment where team members at all levels can make a difference.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
- To become part of the Squirro US team with passionate co-workers.
- Opportunity to work on search and AI projects using cutting edge technologies.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
You want to know more about the team you will work with?
Get in Touch or Apply and find out more in the first call!
We are looking forward to getting to know you!