About the Job
Enterprise Data is broken. 99% of all enterprise data generated is never used beyond primary use. Businesses, which are not making full use of their data significantly underperform in the marketplace. This is the problem Squirro addresses: Turn this data into actionable insights.
We add a second twist: We allow our customers and our community to build their own AI models and apps, abstracting information into new concepts that become tradable on our marketplace. It’s the Spotify’cation of data.
Gartner calls the category ‘Insights Engines’, and Squirro a ‘Visionary’. Forrester calls insights ‘New currency of Business’. We call this Augmented Intelligence to point to the fact that we augment humans in doing their jobs better and make smarter decisions, continuously.
Over the past 4 years we built an initial operation in the US (New York) with a number of blue chip customers and prospects. On the back of the recent investment by BuildGroup, an Austin based VC, we seek to engage an exceptional individual that helps us build and scale our presence in North America.
You will work with the existing US sales team. You will focus on closing as much business as possible and do whatever it takes to achieve this. You are good at prospecting and confident at closing, which shows your confidence and persistence, but also a deep understanding of the Squirro, its mission, and its culture.
You will ensure that our growing US operations are growing rapidly and are run efficiently and effectively. You show flexibility in solving problems. You enjoy this entrepreneurial role and take pride in helping to build the North American presence.
- Driving sales using an array of prospecting activities and cultivation of relationships with institutions in designated territories and industries including generating new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, customer referrals, and partner relationships
- Work closely with Marketing & your colleagues to target key clients
- Design and deliver live sales presentations to prospective customers and develops relationships with individual businesses
- Stay abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies to best position Squirro
- Retains customer base by delivering on the Squirro solution; works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels that exceed customer expectations
- Maintains accurate and quality sales records and prepares sales and activity reports
- A hunter - Someone who likes to win. A lot!
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful. Self-Driven and ambitious.
- Has interests in new technologies and the AI, Machine Learning and Data Science Space.
- You know how to build a strong sales pipeline, manage it and convert it into sales
- Strong in client follow-ups
- You love closing complex, consultative deals.
- Did we mention you like to win?
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in his own discipline
- Has experience navigating Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other prospecting applications
- Strong sales qualifications from previous jobs / a minimum of 3+ years related experience
- Demonstrates knowledge of selling in the Enterprise Application space (preferably Data Science / Application space)
- Strong communication and presentation skills on business decision maker / CxO level
- Natural drivenness to challenge prospects and customers with value-based selling
- Preferred BA, MA / MBA or equivalent experience