Published August 2023
Squirro is looking for a Solutions Engineer, specialising in Backend development, with at least 5 years of relevant work experience working with Python to join our fast-moving startup team in our Singapore office. You'll be helping to deploy, customize and support the Squirro platform on Unix systems. Squirro’s Insight Engine platform uses state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and natural-language processing tools to analyse unstructured data. We offer a flexible work environment. This position, within the global delivery team, will implement Squirro’s Search and Insights applications which also integrate Large Language Models (e.g. chatGPT) using real-world client data.
Squirro is an Artificial Intelligence company with a leading Insights Engine software platform that is a central component of the digital transformation strategy of renowned organizations such as for example Standard Chartered Bank or Bank of England. Our objective is to help our customers understand their data and extract relevant insights to generate business value.
At Squirro, we bridge the gap between business and data science and make AI tangible: With our Insights Engine, data scientists can easily deploy their existing ML models or build new ones, run their models on live business data and build versatile dashboards which are easily rolled out to production. Our Insights Engine is not a black box, but we control the algorithms and technologies that we use to deliver the right information at the right time.
We are looking for someone who wants to use her/his affinity to technology in a business context where AI solutions bring massive business value. In this role you will work for instance with corporate bankers that are sourcing the next big M&A opportunity as well as business stakeholders who translate business requirements into technological products. We need someone who brings the enthusiasm and interest to grow into this role.
- Work directly with customers on a strategic and operational level throughout the stages of solution design, implementation, and support.
- Implement innovative digital transformation projects, primarily in the insurance and banking industries.
- Collaborate with business team members on customer use cases to determine technical requirements to deliver business outcomes.
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Adopt and customise our frontend BI dashboards used for insights generation.
- Documentation of projects and knowledge sharing.
- Provide technical advice and support to our customers and engage with technical contacts in customer and partner organisations.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and proactively manage risk and dependencies.
- 5+ years in technical consulting, software engineering, or DevOps engineering roles.
- 5+ years in a client-facing role as a point-of-contact for technical and non- technical users.
- Proficiency in implementing and using REST APIs.
- Experience writing server-side web application logic.
- Experience testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services.
- Experience in Redis and/or MariaDB(MySQL) database management.
- Cluster, scaling, replication maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes.
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene).
- Experience performing system administration tasks on Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux systems and servers running on-premise and on-cloud.
- Experience working with application development using micro-services architecture.
- End-to-end project delivery, including the setup and deployment of IT solutions for clients, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualisation, and integration.
- Existing knowledge in any of the following is not required but helpful:
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
- Unstructured data on a previous project or role.
- Time series analysis and anomaly detection algorithms.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to various audience levels.
- Support sales personnel at customer sites with attention to detail and organisational skills.
- You are a smart, open-minded and curious person.
- You can deal with challenges and are able to find the best technical solution.
- You can identify the root cause of a problem and name it.
Strong programming experience in Python.
- Experience in working with Unix systems (RedHat, CentOS, etc.)
- Proven track record in software systems design and implementation.
- Good communication skills
- Data storage: ElasticSearch, MariaDB (MySQL), Redis.
- Web components: Nginx, Flask, FastAPI
- Frontend components: React
- Other: Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Git.
We offer you:
- A start-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An environment where team members at all levels can make a difference.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
- To become part of the Squirro SG delivery team with passionate co-workers.
- Interesting data science projects.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
Squirro is considered a visionary company (Gartner April 2022).