Published January 2024
Squirro is looking for a Project Manager who is a highly knowledgeable and capable IT professional, adept at working with customers and business partners to deliver demanding AI solutions.
The ideal candidate will have previous PM experience in the data and search analytics domain within the Banking and Finance industry. A relevant technical background will be an added benefit. Daily tasks will include, but not limited to, setting and managing client expectations, developing a detailed project plans, defining the scope of the projects, understanding project risks and assigning team members to specific tasks.
In this growing region, we need a person who is comfortable with taking on both strategic and tactical tasks to assist the technical and account team with managing ongoing project roll outs as well as taking care of existing customers to grow the region.
Join our fast-moving team in New York to sell, implement and support the Squirro platform - an unstructured data discovery and analysis platform for Squirro customers.
- The role will require involvement in all stages of the customer and project lifecycle
- Presales support – supporting the sales team with identifying and preparing proposals for cross and upselling opportunities.
- Project delivery management – managing the project roll out lifecycle using agile delivery practices
- Stakeholder management – Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders for the duration of the project delivery and thereafter.
- Risk and change management – ensuring the project is delivered within the agreed upon scope
- Project resource management – managing a team consisting of internal and partner resources
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven track record of working as a Project Manager in a customer-facing role with at least three years of relevant work experience.
- A degree in Computer Science or related technical field is beneficial.
- Ability to create structure in ambiguous situations and design effective processes.
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast-growing high-tech company.
- Driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and with a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong project management skills.
- Certifications of your project management skills (PMP, PgMP, CAPM) are a plus.
- Scrum Master qualification is an added benefit.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English. Other languages are welcomed
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Delivery & Engineering).
- Minimum of 3 year experience in a project management role within the software/IT deployment environment.
- Experience in a consulting capacity would be a benefit.
- Your experience in the Banking and Finance industry would be a strong benefit.
- A technical background in data and search analytics/data science is preferable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience in stakeholder and resource management.
- Experiences or strong interest in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Our Technical Tools (For information only)
- Data storage – ElasticSearch, Redis, etc.
- Web components – Nginx, Flask.
- Frontend components – React, Backbone.js, Underscore.js.
- Cloud: AWS, Azure, Hetzner
- Other: Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence), Github, MS Office, …
We offer you
- A scale-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An environment where team members at all levels can make a difference.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
- To become part of the Squirro Zürich team with passionate co-workers.
- Opportunity to work on search and AI projects using cutting edge technologies.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
You want to know more about the team you will work with?