Published February 2024
Squirro is looking for a Presales Solutions Engineer, specialising in Presales Technical Support and Backend development, with relevant work experience working to join our fast-moving startup team in our New York office.
You'll be assisting our local Account team with understanding and scoping customer requirements, recommending the right products or services to customers and help our customers understand the value of our products. You may also be involved in the deployment, customization and support of the Squirro platform on Linux systems. Squirro’s Insight Engine platform uses state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and natural-language processing tools to analyse unstructured data. We offer a flexible work environment.
Squirro is an Artificial Intelligence company with a leading Insights Engine software platform that is a central component of the digital transformation strategy of renowned organizations such as Standard Chartered Bank, OCBC and Bank of England. Our objective is to help our customers understand their data and extract relevant insights to generate business value.
At Squirro, we bridge the gap between business and data science and make AI tangible: With our Insights Engine, data scientists can easily deploy their existing ML models or build new ones, run their models on live business data and build versatile dashboards which are easily rolled out to production. Our Insights Engine is not a black box, but we control the algorithms and technologies that we use to deliver the right information at the right time.
We are looking for someone who wants to use her/his affinity to technology in a business context where AI solutions bring massive business value. In this role you will work for instance with corporate bankers that are sourcing the next big M&A opportunity as well as business stakeholders who translate business requirements into technological products. We need someone who brings the enthusiasm and interest to grow into this role.
- Work directly with customers on a strategic and operational level throughout the stages of solution design, implementation, and support.
- Plan and deliver product demonstrations to potential customers to show how to solve their problems and meet their requirements
- Manage and execute technical workshops and proof of concepts (POCs)
- Work closely with the sales team to identify opportunities and provide them with technical support and advice
- Communicate your customer’s needs to the product manager and development team
- Stay up to date with your own product’s technologies and new features as well as competing tech that might affect your customers
- Implement innovative digital transformation projects, primarily in the insurance and banking industries.
- Collaborate with business team members on customer use cases to determine technical requirements to deliver business outcomes.
- Engage with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Extending the application with custom backend components in Python and Bash.
- Adopt and customize our Frontend BI dashboards used for insights generation.
- Documentation of projects and knowledge sharing.
- Provide technical advice and support to our customers and engage with technical contacts in customer and partner organisations.
- Ensure high-quality delivery and proactively manage risk and dependencies.
- 2+ years in a client-facing presales role as a point-of-contact for technical and non-technical users.
- Understanding customer needs and requirements
- 2+ years in technical consulting, software engineering, or DevOps engineering roles.
- Experience in writing server-side web application logic and implementing REST APIs.
- Experience testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third- party web services.
- Experience performing system administration tasks on Linux and shell scripting.
- Experience working with application development using microservices architecture.
- End-to-end project delivery, data loading, data enrichment and analysis, data visualisation, and integration.
- Existing knowledge in any of the following is not required but helpful:
- Experience with information retrieval technologies (Elasticsearch).
- Unstructured data on a previous project or role.
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to various audience levels.
- Support sales personnel at customer sites with attention to detail and organisational skills.
- You are a smart, open-minded and curious person.
- Customer requirement analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You can deal with challenges and are able to find the best technical solution.
- You can identify the root cause of a problem and name it.
- Experience in Python and Linux
- Proven track record in software systems design and implementation.
- Data storage: Elasticsearch, Postgres/MySQL/MariaDB, Redis
- Web components: Flask, FastAPI, NGINX
- Frontend components: React
- Other: Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Git
We offer you:
- A start-up like environment and culture, fast-paced and agile with quick decision-making.
- An environment where team members at all levels can make a difference.
- Competitive salary with benefits.
- To become part of the Squirro New York team with passionate co-workers.
- Opportunity to work on search and AI projects using cutting edge technologies.
- Ongoing feedback as part of our working culture to grow and develop.
- We believe in life-long learning and supporting the development of our staff.
Squirro is considered a visionary company (Gartner April 2022).